12 August 2022

Happy Friday Luv!

I’m sure you’re having a great day…

Don’t you just wish there were more hours in the day?

I have, however, discovered certain straightforward actions that can benefit the time-strapped. Not all of these will work for everyone, but if even one or two of them can help, then spending the five minutes it takes to read this blog may end up being the most beneficial thing you do all day.

So here goes…

1) Say “No”… ‘Less is more,’
In the end, doing less is the solution. Slowing down, being aware of what needs to be done, and being mindful of what others require from you can help you do this. Be really present… make each choice, decision, and interaction matter.

2) Be proactive
Spend 15 minutes each morning planning the important tasks that must be completed. Establish a routine that is the most effective, including time for exercise, time with your executive assistant, and planning time. And develop routines that will keep you motivated and engaged while preventing time loss.

3) Request email response times
No matter how brief the question or message, allow your staff members to include a response time at the end of every email they send. So you can efficiently prioritize as a result and see what demands attention at a glance. As it helps in others’ time management, it also creates a sense of urgency inside the organization.

4) The two-minute limit
You can use this simple time management technique in both your personal and business life. Do it now if you can finish it in two minutes.

5) Apply the 80/20 Rule
This guideline, suggests that your duties and management should be completed at a ratio of 80:20 to achieve maximum efficiency. Two strategies exist for doing this:

I. Invest 80% of your time in tasks that are actually important, such as board preparation or operational excellence.

II. Pay close attention to the 20% of work that you know are most crucial, and delegate the remaining 80%.

6) Sit down and think
The CEO of LinkedIn, Jeff Weiner, firmly thinks that taking time to reflect is essential. He claims that “carving out space to think as opposed to always responding is part of the key to time management.”

By delaying your response, you can make better management judgments and give yourself valuable time to think about alternative options and solutions.

7) Brain dump
Keep a piece of paper or notes on your phone with you at all times, day or night, so you may jot down ideas and focus on your primary activity. This makes it easier for you to later organize your ideas.

8) Create a time schedule
The former CEO of Microsoft, Steve Ballmer, makes a “budget” to organize his time. His assistants have access to a spreadsheet that he uses to schedule time for meetings and phone calls.

This aids in time management and ensures that he isn’t wasting too much time on pointless activities.

9. Use the Eisenhower Matrix
Dwight Eisenhower, a former US president, was a master at managing his time. He created a matrix based on his conviction that “most things that are urgent are not important and most things that are important are not urgent.”

Create four categories for your tasks or “to do list.” Then, give the tasks that have been rated as having a high level of urgency and importance a higher priority. You put off or assign jobs that are not urgent or significant.

10) Be strict about meetings
Establish detailed meeting agendas. Participants are asked to write down the issues they want to discuss, and then rank them in order of importance.

Consider carefully which meetings you attend and why. What is your position in the meeting? What are they expecting from you? How can I “teach” them to do this if I’m not present?

These tips are pretty helpful, if I must say so myself. So here’s my advise – implement, even if it’s only 2, atleast you’re making a start!

Talk to you soon,

Jeanetta Cardine

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.