28 September 2022
Hey Luv, Happy Self-Care Wednesday!
As a women you need to nurture yourself emotionally, physically, spiritually, and mentally.
When women practice self-care, the end result is empowerment, and it simply changes her life. If you take care of yourself on a regular basis, you will be able to deal with the life challenges that are unavoidable in your life.
According to the World Health Organization, women who exercise regularly, eat well, get enough sleep, and find fulfillment in their work and personal lives are less likely to suffer from depression, anxiety, and illnesses such as heart disease.
Self-care is more important than ever for you when it comes to emotional health and well-being in the face of changes like the COVID-19 pandemic.
Taking care of oneself can be complicated by family obligations, employment, social obligations, and other factors. However, when you take care of yourself and your needs, you are better prepared to show up for all of the other people and obligations in your life.
Self-care does not imply selfishness. Focusing on what makes you feel nourished and meaningful is an important step toward releasing tension and anxiety and building a stronger foundation.
Self-care can include a wide range of enjoyable activities and is defined by the World Health Organization as “the behaviors you engage in to take care of your own health,” which may include hygiene, nutrition, leisure activities, sports, exercise, and seeking professional healthcare.
If you can implement the following self-care strategies, you will be able to sail towards a more balanced life:
– Recognize your own worth. Also, understand that self-care is not the same as being selfish.
– Be as generous with yourself as you are with others. You would cherish and respect your health and well-being.
– Make sleep a priority because it affects your mood and immune system.
– Recognize and address your stress symptoms. You must prioritize the goals you want to achieve.
Radically altering your daily and weekly routines – you can unwind with the activities listed here:
– Spending time alone can be as simple as sitting quietly outside, reading a book in the park, or unwinding in your favorite comfy chair at a coffee shop. During the spring and fall, beautiful settings of pleasant places – mountains, a biking trail, or a neighborhood park – can lift your mood, shake up your mind, and relieve your stress levels.
– Create a supportive environment. Build successful relationships that will assist you in balancing your multiple roles as a woman.
– Learn to say “NO” (it’s a skill!) to any activities in which you have no/little desire to perform/participate. It’s a self-care practice that boosts your confidence and inner strength.
– Eat intuitively rather than mindlessly
– When you need an energy boost, reach for high-protein snacks
– Keep stress-relieving foods on hand
– Avoid foods that cause stress
– Handle yourself with respect, and indulge in compassionate thoughts
– Expand your mind to slow down the aging process
– Take care of your health
DIY health checks can detect a wide range of women’s health issues, from breast cancer to high blood pressure, and they may even save your life. This can be done if you notice any unusual symptoms. All women should see their doctors on a regular basis (or opt for an annual master health check) and report any symptoms they are experiencing.
Finally, dream of becoming a superwoman, but don’t hold your breath. It is possible to avoid perfectionism, criticism, procrastination, petty complaints, and gossip. Do your chores on time and be thankful for your accomplishments. Know when to say “NO” to extra jobs and when to delegate responsibilities.
Are you ready to empower yourself through Self-Care?
Yes, I need to start taking care of myself.
Talk to you soon,